How are financial arrangements handled?
A predetermined fee is charged for each type of procedure, thus providing a reasonably accurate estimate of your cost in advance.
The fee for the Surgery Center, the surgeon, and the anesthesiologist are seperate. You will also receive a seperate bill for any lab testing or radiology requests.
- If your insurance requires special authorization, referrals or claim forms, bring these completed forms along with your insurance card and driver's license.
- You will be asked to pay deductibles and estimated co-insurance prior to your surgery.
- Uninsured and/or cash patients will be required to pay for services the day of surgery by check, credit card, or money order.
- MC/VISA, DISCOVER, and AMERICAN EXPRESS are accepted.
- Patients who carry health insurance should remember that professional services are rendered and charged to the patient and not to the insurance company.
- The Surgery Center does not accept Third Party insurance i.e. - home owner's policy or automobile coverage.
You can expect help from the Surgery Center of Plano's personnel in the following manner:
- Every effort will be made to notify you 3 days ahead of your scheduled surgery of your financial responsibility due on the date of service. If you have questions regarding fees or insurance, please feel free to call our business office at (972) 519-1100.
- As a courtesy to you we will bill your insurance company. While the Surgery Center will attempt to collect the amount due from the insurance company you are ultimately responsible for the balance. We ask that you be available to intervene with your insurance company should the need arise in facilitating our payment.
- In the event of any overpayment on your part, we will promptly refund the amount of the overpayment.
- Should the event arise that complete payment of an account cannot be made in full then please contact our Patient Representatives for assistance.